The BGGG/GBMS organizes a FEM workshop
The aim is to repeat this event on a yearly basis and to create a Belgian network between geotechnical engineers involved in FEM models.
It will be open to any code (Plaxis, Flac, Abaqus, Feflow, Seep, …). Subjects will be constitutive models, returns of experience, comparisons with monitoring results, soils and rocks, onshore & offshore, …
- 16:30- 17.00: Welcome
- 17:00 - 18:30:
- Guest Lecture: “From Constitutive modelling to THM couplings in geomaterials”, Prof . Frédéric Collin, ULg.
- Presentation 1: “Equivalent parameters for stone columns from FEM models”, Nicolas Lambert, Tractebel
- Presentation 2: “Finite element analysis of laterally loaded monopiles”, Mikael Ramos da Silva, Fugro
- 18:30 – 18:45: Break
- 18:45 - 20:00:
- Presentation 3: “Performance based design of a flexible retaining wall in a marine environment”, Margarita Palaiologlou, Besix
- Presentation 4: Guest speaker to be confirmed
- 20:00: Walking sandwich + drink
After each presentation, time for open discussion and sharing of experience is foreseen.